Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's Winter And I Don't Have Much To Say

This old house was drafty and cold today. Getting the mail, which happens to be in the mail box attached to our house on the front porch, was as out as we got.
I think I just had deja vu.
Tomorrow and Thursday and Friday will require the necessary "be out in the world and have other human contact", so a good stay-at-home is just what we needed.
Almost a must around here (have I said that before?).
Even though I can't explain why, because staying at home usually requires more work at times (ie: more messes, more fighting, more "sorry mom, I peed on the floor-s"), but I guess I figure it's because I realize we won't always be able to be in the stay-at-home-when-we-please phase(ie: school...things that go with school)

So we'll just enjoy it now and continue to pick up the trains and cars over and over, wipe up the pee puddles, break up the fights and making forts in the living room.

Check out the one the (bored-I love when they're bored) twosome constructed all on their own:


Maybe one day they can build a house for me.
And I will stay in it forever and never come out:)
At least not for the winter months.

7 comments:

robin said...

you should be glad we're not neighbors because i would want to come over everyday.

(or...maybe you would be glad? maybe you'd like that?)

kelly said...

you could do my grocery shopping and i'll vacuum and fold laundry. or we could sit in squalor and talk while our children run around naked screaming/ causing utter destruction.

MaryPosa said...

I would so get in on that action. (the sitting in squalor part, of course.) I'll do the dishes and bake delicious cookies.

You take lovely photos.

kelly said...

as luck would have it- I love cookies.

Anonymous said...

i'd like to make a winter fort, too. i wouldn't come out until there were leaves on the trees...

robin said...

i like the sound of that!

i'm moving...

Julie@HapaLAB said...

Forts...nothing is better than a well built fort! Kids and forts, a perfect winter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© whoopsy vaisey 2006