Friday, September 21, 2012

George Thaxton!

(hours old on June 18th)

George Thaxton Vaisey
Born June 18, 2012 @9:20 a.m.
8 # 7 oz

Lots of you know him by now, but he needs a formal introduction here I suppose.
He's the first baby I cried over while still in labor because I COULD NOT wait to finally meet him. I was so overwhelmed and so anxious to begin the next stage, with a newborn. I have never felt so desperate to have a baby in my arms than hours before his birth.

He was named after a Vaisey family corner stone, Jeff's grandmother, Dorothy Ann Thaxton Vaisey and he has simply been the sweetest baby and addition to our family and we are all completely smitten by him. No surprise there.
He was born right before the end of the school year so we got an entire lazy summer to get to know him and love on him all day. He has large cheeks and a sweet little round head and fat squishy pink lips I enjoy kissing 50 times a day.
I feel like I owe the success of my transition from 3 children to 4 to my mom (who cleaned, organized, watched children, spoiled me), babajuje (sleepovers!) and many friends who took Lena and Simon for play dates, brought treats and meals and neighbors who let my children run ramped at their house for hours on end. 
Honestly, I'm waiting for the out of control crazies to set in, but they just haven't. They appear in moments for sure, like that one time I took them all to Target(!!), and dinner time (I definitely know I have four children around dinner time!) but nothing like I had imagined. Life is unbelievably good right now. Just so so good.

When George was about 10 days old my good friend, Jeannette came over to the house with her camera goodness and did a quick little session:
(baby in a bowl!)


I look back at these photos and already wonder where my tinyish baby went.
Because he's bigger now. A lot bigger.
You'll see;)

17 comments:

Author Sherry Gammon said...

What a doll!

Anonymous said...

Why is your house sooo cute!! I know George and Isaiah would be best buds since they are only a week apart. If only we lived closer!

Joanna said...

That picture of him yawning is my very favorite. so so cute.

Suzy said...

Kelly after 3 its just more laundry. He is so adorable and makes the perfect addition to your already beautiful family. I can hardly wait to see him again holiday time.

kate said...

YOU blogged?! Miracle. Just like that miracle baby of yours. He's as sweet as pie.

I can't wait to kiss on my own in just EIGHT weeks!

teamBoo said...

Now THATS an appropriate intro to that Georgie pie. I think you are a fantastic exemplary mother! I wish we lived closer...no shame here in my total adoration of your sweet family :)

Rebekah V. said...

Geoooooooooooooooooooooooorge!!!!!!!!!I love him. and I love you and I am so glad the transition has been smooth.

Jen Richards said...

Oh little Georgie. He is a gorgeous baby. And my boys watched your 'kitchen table' video about 5 times today. Daniel kept saying "look what a mess Lena is making! Look mom! It is so dirty!" and laughing. I hope he was not getting any ideas :)

- meg said...

I have missed your blog posts and wondered how your newest little one is doing! I saw you at the Play Ball last week, and I thought of asking you, but since I only read your blog and you don't know me, I thought it might be creepy.

Thank you for the update! Your beautiful family makes me smile every time.

robin said...

oh george... i love that baby. as much as a blog friend possibly can.

and those pictures are amazing. what a blessing to have those! they made me smile from ear to ear...

robin said...

ok, i'm back! so, i just went back and watched all your videos! i'm having a very vaisey evening (whilst josh conquers the rubik's cube). oh my, your videos are so great! i missed so much before i had a working laptop! like your calvin birth video?! holy cow, how did i miss that?!! beautiful.

but i'm still not sure i've heard your voice... maybe it was rebekah's? i don't know! either way, the voice i heard was NOT bad. it was lovely!

abby said...

Such gorgeous pictures! I sure love that George. If I ever met him someday I could say, "I've known you since you were a baby!" Couldn't I? I think I could.

Bali Resorts said...

Very nice photo's

Bali Hotels said...

great post, i love it so much ... ^_^

Sarah Horowitz said...

I can't believe you have no crazies. I'm loosing my mind over here with two lol. I'm very proud if you! Your doing great!!!

jennifer anderson said...

the pillows were bigger then him! so sweet!

chelsey meyer said...

dude, where did you get your pillows for your bed?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© whoopsy vaisey 2006