Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Staycation

That word grosses me.
Staycation.
Blech.
But, for lack of a better word Staycation describes our current state of barge in, in a nut shell.

Since the In-Law's went to California leaving us high and dry here in New York (don't email feeling pity Juje, I'm only adding phrasing for dramatic effect) we decided to pack a few overnight bags and head across town to Fairport...
to stay...
the whole week...
and swim...
everyday.
It feels like a vacation except I have to clean up more frantically than I would during a real vacation and also Jeff still goes to work everyday. But, we have been swimming with friends and napping in beds bigger than ours. Lena is in heaven. This staycation also includes 2 small lap dogs, Oscar and Emmy. Maybe I'd ask for payment if I wasn't throwing shin digs like a teen on a weekend rampage.
*ring *ring *ring - "hi-my parents are totally out of town- so come over and spread the word k bye!"

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Who are all the lady friends? I thought play-groups only had boys her age? Yeah, the word staycation is pretty lame, but I'd say that staying at chez-Vaisey is the way to go.

Dan and Katie said...

Hi Kelly and Jeff! I went to school with Jeff at SVU, and I found you blog hopping :) I love your blog! Your little kids are so cute. I think I have met you before at a homecoming years ago, I love seeing where old friends are and what they are up to! Hope all is well!

Lauren Soffe said...

I see how it is... no need for spa getaway when you've got staycations at Babajuje's. I'll drag you if I have to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© whoopsy vaisey 2006