Wednesday, November 14, 2007

LaLa and Little Miss Nursery

When Lena was a teensy tinse she never ever took a pacifier. Despite my many efforts to get her to use one to help better soothe herself to sleep or whatever the case, she would simply spit it out every time. However, she has chosen now as the time to start sucking away. We kept a few around the house, and on occasion she would pop it in her mouth and chew on it, but for some reason I cannot explain, she now asks for it by name (which happens to be "la la") at night and for naps. This is the time most mothers are slowing taking paci privileges away. I guess a part of me is concerned about pacifier mouth (you've all seen the arch of the teeth). But, I figure as long as we stick to nights and naps only, we should be fine for now, right? I hope this is the only reverting she clings to once baby brother moves to town, 'cause there's no stopping him now.
Oh, and Sunday also happened to be our first Sunday in our new ward. It was great. Great big to be exact. I think there were more folding chairs than pews, which means we never stand a chance for the comfy rows.
Lena also had her first day in nursery and loved it up, like we figured she would. There are 30 nursery age kiddies in the Brighton ward and it's split up into 3 classes by age. It was nice to have a free lap and open ears in classes again. I had better not get too used to that luxury. I wonder what the mother's lounge is like?...

3 comments:

Ryan and Lacey said...

It looks like Lena has those same big puppy dog eyes! They are killer because I just can't seem to resist! It was good to see y'all for Homecoming and maybe we'll find our way up to NY! Keep in touch!

The Arizona Leavitt's said...

That is so nice she likes nursery. Jarin and I were in the nursery for like 2.5 of the first 3 years we were married. We loved it.

Emily said...

Long time no post. Have you popped that baby out yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© whoopsy vaisey 2006