Saturday, June 04, 2011

Three Is Finally The New Two

Do you ever look back through pictures of the previous year and wonder how you got to here?
These images were taken a year ago.
Three children was so new to me then, and now I'm a pro.
It's funny how good at life you can become with good practice.
Even when you switch into survival mode.
I didn't know I had that mode until this last year.
How quickly we adapt to change and familiarize ourselves with a new situation. Especially when that situation is adding a person to a family. The events leading up to and following a new baby are so surreal. Like a blip.
Then comes the experience and practice.
When I had Lena, everything was new and challenging. Now I savor the chance to do something with just one of them.

Getting to the number three was a no brainer for us.
The number four will come with lots of prayer and thought and prayer.
I typed prayer twice on purpose.
Maybe one day I will look back and say to myself,
Ha! Remember when it was just three?

For now I will enjoy feeling the settle after the birth of a baby.
It has taken nearly a year to accomplish that feeling.

And this is a good chapter in my life if I must say. Darn good.
And I thank the Lord for allowing any amount of clarity to recognize that.
Clarity speaks softly, and three children can be mighty loud.

4 comments:

robin said...

you are just whipping out these amazing posts one after another...

i love this! you are a blog star.

Jordan said...

"Clarity speaks softly, and three children can be mighty loud." Genius.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© whoopsy vaisey 2006