Friday, July 24, 2009

In Hopes For A Cottage Kind of Weekend

The cottage on Port Bay has been in Jeff's family for many years. 

His father swam the waters of the bay as a child. When it was purchased years ago by the Vaisey family, it was just a measly little box car. It has since transformed and has been the scene of countless family gatherings, cookouts, s'more-roastings, and boat rides. My adventures at the cottage began, in fact, years before Jeff and I were even married. It is where we spend our warm holidays, and hot summer weekends. 

The cottage is filled with traditions. One of them is Orbakers.


Orbaker's is an old ice cream/ milkshake/hamburger joint. And I don't believe I have ever been on the trek to the cottage without stopping in for a tasty, old fashioned morsel of goodness. 

My order usually consists of:
cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato on a hard roll
an order of hot and crispy french fries
a whoppin' tall vanilla milkshake (not for sharing, just ask husb- he'll tell you)

            




Maybe I'm low on iron, because it's been too long since I've sunken my teeth into an Orbaker's cheeseburger. So, here's hoping for cottage-permitting weather this weekend,

and an Orbaker's traditional treat.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© whoopsy vaisey 2006