Friday, September 03, 2010

Routine Is In The Air



Lena is headed off to preschool in two weeks. Real preschool- with a teacher and a hook for her bag. I'm on the fence about sending her, but I know she will love it. Because that's what you're supposed to do, right? Send your kids to preschool? It's what everyone does.

Simon pinches and hits everyone he meets. Has your child fallen victim to the clutches of him yet? It's like a hazing to be his playmate. He has had his defenses up since birth, because when Lena is your big sister, you learn tough love and quick. Today at Juje's he pulled the dog's tail. I think preschool for Lena will be great for Simon. A great time for us to be alone together. We'll have a chance to work on the whole we-don't pinch-our-friend's-faces thing. That and getting rid of diapers. Boy do they have to go.

And as the days grow shorter and fall grows nearer I am giddy. It is my favorite.
Plus, I figure we chlorinated our bodies plenty enough this summer, it's time to pack away the flip flops and break out the boots.
We'll call it routine, but fall always feels like a fresh new year to me.
Here's to the new year!

First item of business in this new year: kiss my sleeping children's heads.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Simon's pinches aren't tough enough to make Ethan cry, which he seems to cry pretty easily. Looks like they can be true friends... he's been hazed.

teamBoo said...

weird, i punch all my friends in the face when i introduce myself. you know to let them know their rank.

Also, our leaves don't fall off the tree until the actual new year (jan) here in Suck-izona. Thats enough to punch myself in the face. Enjoy your dreamy east coat autumn...

robin said...

i wish i could break out the boots. i am really gonna miss the upstate new york fall.

like, really miss it. i will be jealous of you all the way to december...

Julie@HapaLAB said...

FYI- the Vaisey cousins can't stop calling Enzo "Simon", weeks after leaving NY. Wish we could meet him in person, Simon seems like a cutie who leaves great & deep "impressions"!

kelly said...

carolyn-fall is beautiful and wonderful and all that jazz, but really winters here are such a doozie I think i'd trade all that beauty in for 2 months less of winter.
robyn-all the way to december is about right too, because come january and february and March you'll be loving where you are! Talk about jealous.
skout 48- hahaha cracking me up!

Rebekah V. said...

I might have to stop reading your blog because it is making me a weird kind of homesick. I think I will call this kind of homesick "nizid" because that is my word verification word and I feel like it needs to be used in real speech. I am so nizid right now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© whoopsy vaisey 2006