Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Reassuring Father's Day Indeed

The weekend was a nice one. It was Father's Day, you know. And I wanted to do something special for the most important Father in our lives. Because, well, quite frankly he really deserves it.

Friday late morning my ideas for Father's Day gifts blossomed into a weekend-long project of putting together a video tribute dedicated to the manly man of our house. It was a taxing task, but I was up for the challenge.

I kept thinking how wonderful it would all be once it was finished, and how we could keep it forever and ever watching the memories of Jeff with his children over and over. Oh how they (we) love him! So, I worked all day Saturday and stayed up until 3:30 in the a.m. Sunday putting on the finishing touches. And I have to admit, I felt pretty darn proud of myself (which I think was the main part of the gift) Starting a project, on my own, alone, from start to finish without discouraging thoughts. Nice one, me.

Both children slept in on Sunday morning (how SO very nice of them, I know). We wolfed down our special Father's Day breakfast of homemade chocolate chip waffles and whipped cream, stood up from the table all together, wiped sticky hands and headed to the living room where I presented my labor of love. I was nervous, being the amateur video putter-together that I am.

Soon, I knew I had nothing to worry about.

Sweet and sincere tears filled that sweet father's eyes as he watched some of the most precious moments he had shared with his children over few months previous. As I sat next to him on the floor watching the gift I poured my heart and soul into, with Lena and Simon running around as excited as could be to see themselves on the t.v., I felt that love reciprocated in full force. He didn't speak a word throughout the approx. 15 min. But he didn't need to.

I knew that he knew.

It wasn't a moment that needed to be put into words. How strong a bond we share- our eternal family. Nothing else matters. When we work together and serve one another it is truly unlike anything in this world. I am grateful for every blessed day we have together, but especially for days when the fog of life's busyness and mundane are, even if momentarily, lifted for such reassuring feelings that we are right where we should be.

And that feels nice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© whoopsy vaisey 2006