Monday, June 15, 2009

If You're Like Me

and you wait until you have nothing left in the house to pay a visit to the store of replenishing food aka, the grocery store, then perhaps you too are a scrounger.

I like to think I have gotten priiitty good at scroungin'. (even though, for the record, Jeff dislikes this talent of mine because in order for me to blossom said talent, it means monthly practice) But hey, it is what it is.

Today was a scrounge day.

Either I was really hungry or this was a simple, successful day O scrounge. Me thinks success. (thanks for the subtle inspiration bek)

Here's what I came up with, for you fellow scroungeaholics out there:



1/2 lb whole wheat spiral pasta (I used fusilli)
3 1/2 T butter (or to your liking)
1 c Parmesan cheese
1 red pepper, chopped
1 can red kidney beans, drained
salt and pepper to taste

Boil pasta, strain, return to pot, toss all ingredients together, serve warm and Voila! A light, yet filling, meatless din. One more grocery store stalling day success.

boy, are we in trouble tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© whoopsy vaisey 2006